Thursday, August 31, 2006


I'm leaving Ft. Lauderdale for my one month visit to Bari, Italy in a few short weeks. I have sorta been planning this for months now but it doesn't really compute actually, not because it is so amazing to go overseas but just because it getting down to the wire and I haven't given it much thought. I'll camp out or stay in a friends apartment and just bum around taking photos and being free.

If anyone reads this and has some excellent advice or cool tips for ways to maximise the experience on less than a dollar a day (or damn close) then please let me know. I spent most of my money on the camera and the ticket. I am not at all the touristy type, I don't speak Italian though so I will try to take lessons there.
Any underground knowledge, strange stuff that is inherent to Bari, whatever but don't mention museums or shit like that. I probably will check out touristy stuff but it will be because my friends and I will feel obliged or I'll need to pick up a gift (read postcard) for a family member.

No comments: